Monday, June 27, 2011

All of our artists are criminals...according to Yahoo! News

So I came across this article posted on Yahoo! News aptly titled, "Stars with criminal pasts honored at BET awards.". Now, as hard as I am on Black folks, stars in particular, this is a total joke. First off Yahoo, of all of last night winners, 4 of them have criminal records, (Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Chris Brown and Mike Vick). And while I'm not denying that these men need to be held accountable for their actions, how come I've never seen a similar headline when Jim Morrison or Johnny Cash are being honored? What about every member of Guns N Roses or Black Sabbath? Ozzy Osbourne is considered a legend for his music, off stage antics and numerous run ins with the law. And before you say it, I understand that most (if any) of the cases against the artists I mentioned above did not result in jail time, neither did the arrests of Chris Brown or Rick Ross. And for the record, Patti LaBelle, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, and Willow and Jayden Smith were also honored last night, and the last time I checked, none of them have been arrested or served jail time either, but their awards weren't worthy of mentioning in the piece. Thank you Yahoo! News

No comments:

Post a Comment