Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Friends Don't Let Friends Dress Like Nicki Minaj

Walking down the streets of the sunny Southside of Minneapolis I've seen some interesting looks. The one I'm seeing more often than not is what I've dubbed the "Nicki Minaj." I know you've seen it: brightly colored, ripped leggings, extreme make up, loud accessories, all topped off by pink/purple/white hair. Now, I'm all for expressing yourself visually, but this has gone a tad too far! Nicki Minaj is an entertainer, and unless you're also in the entertainment business, chances are you have no business walking down the street dressed like a futuristic streetwalker. Sadly, this has become quite common and not just amongst youth; I've seen many grown women rocking the "Nicki Minaj" faithfully! Where do you all work where this is accepted and how can I get a job there? Bottom line is this: friends don't let friends dress like Nicki Minaj. I don't care how hot it looks on stage or in the video, trust me, it doesn't look that good on you!

Nicki Minaj:




Your friend:




See how it just doesn't translate???

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't even look good on nikki to me but that's neither here nor there. People just need to stop being such followers. Get your own fuckin identity and sat yo ass down somewhere!

    ReplyDelete